India becomes #ActivIndia
62 Lac voters pledged to vote with #ActivIndia - Honda’s biggest social activism movement
New Delhi, 22 May, 2019
- Over 62 lac ActivIndians across India took charge & pledged #KoiSeatNaJayeKhali
- From rallies to free pick & drop service, #ActivIndia drives Indians to polling booths
New Delhi, 22 May, 2019: India’s most trusted two-wheeler brand, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd, today shared the change sparked by its biggest social activism movement #ActivIndia.
From the very start of this activism movement on 3rd April, #ActivIndia urged every voter to strengthen the spirit of democracy by exercising their right to vote. Honda 2Wheelers India proposed #KoiSeatNaJayeKhali - a radical new thought asking people to take another voter on pillion with them to their polling booth.
Two-wheeler rallies in over 60 cities including Chandigarh, Mandi, Hubli, Kochi, Kanpur, Pune, Guwahati etc. spread awareness on voting before polling dates. Honda’s also promoted the message with its selfie booths in several localities of cities in common areas like parks, petrol pumps etc.
On polling day in each of the 7 phases, Honda made voting memorable for first time voters with red carpet welcome and post-voting selfie stations. To beat the heat during long queues, facilities like drinking water were also provided at polling booths. Honda provided free pick-up and drop services in many cities to empower senior citizens & differently abled voters to fulfil their right to vote.
In the 7 phases of polling across India, #ActivIndia stands out as social activism movement and was driven by the overwhelming support of 62 Lac+ Indians who took the pledge to vote with Honda.
Sharing his thoughts on the eve of result declaration, Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Striving to create meaningful difference in society fuelled by citizen partnership, Honda launched its biggest social activism movement #ActivIndia. The support that over 62 lac Indian voters showed to Honda’s movement has been nothing short of extraordinary. As the counting begins tomorrow, we are proud and thankful to all responsible voters who made our democracy stronger and also empowered others to vote.”
About Honda’s social activism movement #ActivIndia
- The community of #ActivIndians pledged their vote through multiple channels – be it the dedicated website www.hondaactivindia.com, toll free number 9870500111 and even missed call.
- #ActivIndia gave platform to young India to get customised pledge frames for social media sharing and set SMS reminders for their polling dates.
- Driven by citizen participation, the awareness impact was multiplied through sensitisation at 6000 Honda network touchpoints.
For more information, contact : email@example.com